is a new contest where creative minds can design a digital apartment (yes, the kind that you live in). And then, these apartments will be judged and (if you win) awarded some hefty prizes. Quite an original and fun campaign, so here are the details:
STEPS FOR MAKING AN APARTMENT
1. Design your room and register.
2. Log in to your room and submit your design.
3. Judges select ten finalists based on originality, overall design, use of assets, color and space.
4. The ten finalists go to a community vote.
5. The pad with the most votes wins…
And the judges are friends like Jill Ferehbacher from Inhabitat, Boy Genius from Boy Genius Report, Jean Aw from NotCot, & David Pescovitz from Boing Boing.
Pretty impressive. Here’s the official word: “Enter the Comcast Town Design Showdown for the opportunity to win our big-time prize worth up to $30,000, including a room remodel complete with a 40-inch Sony BRAVIA® HDTV, a Sony VAIO® AW laptop and a Philips digital phone.”
For more information, watch the youtube video or check out the action at ComcastTown.com