ProSite portfolio builder offers several easy ways to integrate movement on your website, like cover image loading animations and rollover effect options. However, one technique we get many questions about is how to utilize animated GIFs in site design, especially on homepages. Here are two ways to customize your ProSite using animated GIFs.
Using large GIFs for a slideshow effect
One simple but effective use we’ve seen is using a single large GIF on the homepage to give a slideshow-like preview of work.
To create a landing page like this:
1) Create an animated GIF with a sampling of your work, similar to the GIF on muro1buro.prosite.com. Keep in mind–the maximum width for animated GIF uploads is 600px wide. (see tutorials below for instructions)
2) Visit the Pages Tab, then click “+ Add Page.” Then, choose the type of page you’re adding: Custom. Adding a Custom Page will give you a blank page to design whatever you’d like.
3) Once you add a Custom Page, find it in your Pages list, use the gear dropdown to choose “Edit Page Content.” Then, use the Remote to add the GIF to the custom page, along with any other content you’d like.
4) If you want to make this your homepage, go to the Settings tab and click Set Landing Page. Here you’ll have the option to make your new page the first thing people see when they visit their site.
5) Preview to see how the effect will look on your live site, then Publish.